Recipe by CookingItUp
I found this in a magazine while we were stationed overseas. My kids and hubby love it and it's so easy to make. I do not use the tomato or chopped onion, so it's just rice with seasoning but it works for us.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sazon goya con culantro y achiote (1 foil packet)
- 1 tablespoon goya chicken bouillon (1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt with parsley (or 2 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry rice in oil until it turns a golden tan (careful not to burn). Add tomatoes, onion, and all seasonings.
- Add 2 cups hot water, until water is about an inch above the rice.
- Cover tightly and steam for about 10 minutes or until rice is tender.(More water may be added if needed).