Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Our favorite Spanish rice recipe for over 15 years.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, diced
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 pint canned tomato
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Fry uncooked rice in oil until lightly browned.
- Add vegetables and fry until soft.
- Add bouillon, canned tomatoes, garlic and spices.
- Cover with water (1-1 1/2 c.).
- Cover pan with lid and cook 25 minutes or until rice is done and water is absorbed.