Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from my husbands grandmothers recipe card file. Its pretty old. We all love it, and I hope you do too. You can play around with this recipe and add what you want to suit your tastes. I prefer it as it is.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown beef in skillet.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic and chili powder.
- Cook until onion and pepper are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover; cook over low heat 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir occasionally.
I can't believe how easy this was to make. Great to serve when you're pressed for time. I made it exactly as written, it was so good, everyone enjoyed it. Will be making this again, thanks!
I love this easy recipe made with ingredients I almost always have on hand, the V8 juice certainly gives it a nice zing, next time I will cut back the amount of salt called for, 1/4 tsp would be plenty I think. It's a perfect recipe, and can be described in one word---YUM!