Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a low-fat cookbook. No oil here!
- 2 tablespoons fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- Lightly spray large nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray. Add broth and heat over medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice and cook until rice is lightly browned.
- Add onions, green pepper, chili powder, tomatoes and water.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 20-25 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed.
this was very good spanish rice. i thought it was easy to make and very low in calories.