Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandmother taught me to make spanish rice and over time I have made some changes to make it easier. This recipe tastes better with the bacon grease.
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup mild cilantro salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed or 1 garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas and carrot (optional)
- Lightly brown rice in bacon grease/or olive oil.
- Add salsa, water, and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low.
- Add frozen peas and carrots if desired.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- stir and serve.