Recipe by Amber of AZ
This is a great side dish for chicken recipes as well as any mexican food recipes you might like. Great to reheat and serve with scrambled eggs too.
Top Review by Luvs2kook
I am also from Arizona and love a good Spanish Rice. This one was just ok for me. Not nearly as tomato-y as I usually find at local Mexican restaurants, but it was still pretty tasty. I think I'll stick with my old recipe, but use the chicken stock instead of water which I usually use. It really adds a great flavor!
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 411.06 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 473.18 ml white rice
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pan and put about 2 tablespoons oil in pan.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Saute on medium high heat (careful not to burn).
- Add rice, fry until browned.
- Add chicken broth, let boil.
- Add tomatoes and frozen peas, stir well.
- Add water as needed to avoid burning rice.