Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great side dish for chicken recipes as well as any mexican food recipes you might like. Great to reheat and serve with scrambled eggs too.
- Heat pan and put about 2 tablespoons oil in pan.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Saute on medium high heat (careful not to burn).
- Add rice, fry until browned.
- Add chicken broth, let boil.
- Add tomatoes and frozen peas, stir well.
- Add water as needed to avoid burning rice.
I am also from Arizona and love a good Spanish Rice. This one was just ok for me. Not nearly as tomato-y as I usually find at local Mexican restaurants, but it was still pretty tasty. I think I'll stick with my old recipe, but use the chicken stock instead of water which I usually use. It really adds a great flavor!
This was great and my first time making Spanish rice. I'm giving four stars because the cooking instructions are not clear; a beginner cook would have trouble following this. After adding the chicken stock and tomatoes I let the rice simmer covered for 10 minutes, then stirred through the peas and let it sit for 5. Really good flavour, thanks for posting!