Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a cowboy cookoff contest. It is easy, and good.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can green chili, drained
- 1 teaspoon bacon drippings, or cooking oil
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Saute rice in bacon drippings until rice is browned.
- Add onion, tomato, garlic, green chiles, and water.
- Simmer covered until water is absorbed.
- Fresh chopped cilantro may be added just before serving.
Very nice and really simple! I went a little easy on the green chillies, and upped the pepper a bit. Next time I'll add some chopped green bell peppers as well. This one's a definite keeper!
This was excellent. I just put everything together in my rice cooker, turned it on and the results were superb!! A great side dish for almost any meal. Thanks Miss Annie.
Very good and so simple. I left out the chilis completly (have small kids) and added 1/2 tsp cumin. I also started out with a bit of olive oil insead of the bacon drippings because I did not have any on hand.