Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy great tasting rice dish.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water, plus
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from pan.
- In one or two tablespoons of bacon grease lightly brown the onion and green pepper.
- Add water and salt, bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, sugar and Worcestershire.
- Simmer until rice is tender, adding a little more water at a time if needed.
- Stir occasionally.
- When rice is tender crumble bacon and stir into rice, sprinkle cheese on top and stir in gently. Cook on very low heat a few minutes until cheese is melted.