Recipe by Jonzie
My brother in law made this one day for a family occassion. Everyone that has had it just loves it. It is very tastie.
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 3 Italian sausages (mild, medium or hot-your preferance)
- 6 chicken legs
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon chili powder (Indian brand- can be very hot)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 (450 g) bag shrimp
- 3 cups patna rice or 3 cups basmati rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Coat chicken with salt and pepper and fry in oil.
- Till browned.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add italian sausages to oil and cook.
- Remove when done and set aside.
- Fry ginger, garlic, chili powder, onion and shrimp in oil for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place the chicken, italian sausages, ginger,garlic,onion,shrimp mixture in a large casserole dish, or pan.
- Add rice and cover with chicken stock.
- Add fresh corriander and sliced tomatoes on top.
- seal pan tightly and bake in 450 degree oven for 1/2 hr then at 400 degrees for 1/2 hours.