Recipe by Samantha in Ut
I love the nutty flavor of quinoa. This is so good and healthy for you. Remember when using quinoa you have to rinse, rinse, rinse.
Top Review by sryseff
Fabulous! Loved it. I love quinoa and figs, so I was excited to find this recipe. The figs in this are like little sweet treats in every bite. This recipe is staying in my recipe box, so yummy!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup diced dried fig
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, jarred chopped, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in oil over medium heat. Add quinoa stir for 1 minute to toast quinoa. Deglaze pan with broth.
- Add water, bay leaf, saffron, and salt, stir lightly. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Discard bay leaf. Add peas, figs and pimientos. Cover pan and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.