1/6 Photos of Spanish Quinoa
Vino Girl's Note:
This recipe comes from Eden Organic Foods. It's a variation of Spanish or Mexican rice using quinoa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain tomatoes and reserve juice.
- 2Heat oil and saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- 3Place the tomato juice in a liquid measuring cup and add enough water to equal 1 cup of liquid.
- 4Add the liquid to the sauteed garlic and onions; bring to a boil.
- 5Stir in the quinoa, pepper, and salt.
- 6Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- 7Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin; cook another 2-4 minutes until hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Quinoa
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 426.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g