Recipe by Vino Girl
This recipe comes from Eden Organic Foods. It's a variation of Spanish or Mexican rice using quinoa.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
This is my first time having Quinoa, and lad I chose this one. Served with recipe#338594 and loved it. I also followed recipe#16399 prior to making it. Was really easy and loved the flavor of the cumin in it, with just the right bite from the chili powder.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes and reserve juice.
- Heat oil and saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- Place the tomato juice in a liquid measuring cup and add enough water to equal 1 cup of liquid.
- Add the liquid to the sauteed garlic and onions; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the quinoa, pepper, and salt.
- Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin; cook another 2-4 minutes until hot.