This recipe comes from Eden Organic Foods. It's a variation of Spanish or Mexican rice using quinoa.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve juice.
- Heat oil and saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- Place the tomato juice in a liquid measuring cup and add enough water to equal 1 cup of liquid.
- Add the liquid to the sauteed garlic and onions; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the quinoa, pepper, and salt.
- Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin; cook another 2-4 minutes until hot.