Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Delicious Magazine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 (220 g) jarroasted red capsicums, drained, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500 g peeled raw king prawns, tails intact
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- crusty bread
- mixed salad leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and chorizo, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the onion softens and the chorizo starts to crisp. Stir in harissa and cook for a further minute.
- Add tomatoes, lentils, capsicum and stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Season the prawns with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Stir in the parsley, then serve with crusty bread and a mixed salad.