Top Review by STARTERWIFE
We loved this,was going to do parslied new potatoes but saw this and loved the ingredients ,so used this with new potatoes and was excellent.We did tripple the recipe,but kept up with the ingredients. Thanks for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven medium. Alternatively the cooking can be done on top of the cooker, either in a heavy frying pan or in a casserole which will resist direct heat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thick wedges. Pour half the oil into 4 individual.
- shallow earthenware casseroles or a small gratin dish. Put the casseroles or the dish into the oven and leave until the oil is smoking.
- Arrange the potatoes in the hot oil in single layer. Trickle on the rest of the oil, sprinkle with salt and return to the oven.
- Cook the potatoes until soft inside and crisp on the outside - this will take 25-35 minutes. Mix together the paprika and cayenne and sprinkle over the potatoes. Serve them hot in their cooking dish.