Recipe by Sharon123
From Hot Off the Grill with Bobby Flay, this is a good salad! Enjoy! Enjoyed in the West, Southwest, and Mid West!
Top Review by Elmotoo
LOVE IT! I really like how I boiled the potatoes with their skins then just sliced them. heh heh didn't have to peel them!! delicious! I would use a splash more vinegar next time otherwise, proceed as directed. :) made for << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
February's Tag Game ~ La Miel ~ Honey in the Spain/Portugal Forum.
Read more: http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=370833&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0#ixzz1mT7ePDXZ
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Combine the vinegar, honey and saffron in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat; immediately remove from the heat and let sit until cool to room temperature.
- Combine the mayonnaise and garlic with the saffron mixture in a medium mixing bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and slice 1/2-inch thick. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Immediately fold in the mayonnaise mixture, red bell peppers, onion, thyme and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!