Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend of mine made this at a dinner we went too, I had never tried it, it was very good so I asked her for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small apple
- 1 (2 ounce) canchopped black olives
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain and cool. Cut each potato lengthwise into 1 inch spears. Place spears in 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Prepare the marinade by whisking together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 tablespoon and pour the remainder over the potatoes and turn gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove potatoes from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Arrange potato spears on serving platter.
- Core apple and finely chop; add to reserved marinade. Stir in bacon (or ham), olives and onion.
- Spoon over potatoes and serve.