Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The Spanish word fro Omelet is Tortilla, although it is nothing like the Mexican tortilla! A quick, delicious Brunch or weekday dinner doesn't get much easier than this! Zaar World Tour 8
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch peaces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- Fry bacon in 10 inch skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, drain all but 4 tablespoons of fat from pan.
- Add potato and onion, cook and stir until the potatoes are tender and golden, about ten minutes.
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon back to the pan, add eggs.
- Cover with lid and cook on LOW until the eggs are set, perhaps 10 minutes more. Garnish with parsley.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Be sure not to overcook, it will get rubbery! Eggs cook themselves even after they are off the heat, as I'm sure you know.
Spanish make bocadillos or sandwiches by placing a piece between two pieces of a baguette. Or serve it as a tapa or appetizer. I likes his with sour cream and salsa. So easy to do! I will definitely make this again. Thank You!! Grpa
I rarely have something this substantial for breakfast but overhead the geese are flying south in their chevrons, there is a thick frost on everything outside and all the ponds are frozen. This was warm, comforting and very enjoyable just like Pammy. This recipe was made in her memory. I'll miss her fun and happiness as well as all of her baked wonders that she used to throw to me from about a thousand miles away. What an arm that girl had, lol. RIP Pammy
This is really good! I made it as written and it was just right. Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool 2012.