1/1 Photo of Spanish Potato Omelet (Tortilla a la Espanola)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a 8-9 inch skillet. Add the slices of potato one at a time to avoid sticking together.
- 2Alternate layers of potatoes with layers of onions.
- 3Cook slowly over medium heat, turning the potatoes until tender, not brown.
- 4Drain potatoes in a colander, save oil.
- 5Make sure skillet is very clean for later use. In a bowl, beat eggs with a fork until slightly foamy.
- 6Salt to taste. Add the potatoes, press down to cover potatoes completely with egg. Return to skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of saved oil until smoking point. Add the mixture, spread it out. Rapidly, lower the temperature to medium-high.
- 7Shake the pan often to avoid sticking.
- 8When the bottom is brown, cover the skillet with a plate, turn skillet up-side down, remove tortilla, slide off plate with uncooked side down into skillet and cook the other side, Turn several times until cooked
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Potato Omelet (Tortilla a la Espanola)
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 850.7
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 14.0 g