Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is really more like a frittata.
Make and share this Spanish Potato Omelet (Tortilla) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb potato, peeled and sliced in 1/8-inch
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, peeled, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place half of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet, and turn the heat to medium. Add potatoes and season liberally with salt and pepper. Cook until soften about 20 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add remaining oil to pan and onion and peppers cook stirring occasionally until soft about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Preheat oven 375.
- Return potatoes to the skillet and turn the heat to medium low cook while turning with spatula for 5 minutes. Beat eggs and parsley. Turn heat to low and pour eggs over potatoes. Shake the pan to distribute eggs evenly and cook undisturbed for 5 minutes. Transfer to oven and bake until set about 10 minutes. Remove pan and cool to room temp before cutting to wedges.
This is so pretty, and tasty, too! Thought I would have a little trouble getting it out of the pan because of sticking, but it came out perfectly! This is a wonderful brunch dish! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Samantha. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.