Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Such an easy tasty dish for a quick lunch or supper or as a side dish with crusty French bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb potato
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 14 ounces tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 5 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ounces pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Fry the garlic and onion until pale and golden.
- Add the potato to the pan.
- Add the paprika and turmeric.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock.
- Season well and bring to the boil.
- Add the thyme.
- Reduce the heat then cover and simmer stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add more seasoning if needed then stir in the olives and parsley.
A different way to make potato. They were good i used smoked paprika instead of reg, and rosemary instead of the thyme. Me and the hubby like em the kids not so much!
I'll reiterate what FolkDancer said: very good and simple. Not spectacular, but I will definitely make it again, due to its great taste to effort ratio.
This makes a very good simple dish. Since the recipe did not specify, pressed the garlic and coarsely chopped the onion and potato. It should work just as well if you slice the onion and potato instead.