Recipe by Angela Sara
Such an easy tasty dish for a quick lunch or supper or as a side dish with crusty French bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb potato
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 14 ounces tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 5 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ounces pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Fry the garlic and onion until pale and golden.
- Add the potato to the pan.
- Add the paprika and turmeric.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock.
- Season well and bring to the boil.
- Add the thyme.
- Reduce the heat then cover and simmer stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add more seasoning if needed then stir in the olives and parsley.