Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a wonderful weekend brunch or a light weeknight dinner, it takes little time to prepare and it's very tasty. Serve with crusty rolls.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced (or use half green and half red bell pepper)
- 4.92 ml dried thyme or 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 44.37 ml whipping cream or 44.37 ml half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 29.58 ml capers (optional but good to use)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Layer HALF of the potato, onion and red bell pepper slices in the skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layering with remaining potato slices, onion and red pepper, then season again with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until potatoes and veggies are tender, stirring frequently with a spatula (about 20 minutes).
- Sprinkle the thyme over and then cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk eggs with cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potato mixture to the eggs and whipe the skillet clean.
- In the same skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat.
- Pour the egg/potato mixture into the skillet.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese; cover and cook until the eggs are JUST set (about 10 minutes).
- Slide the frittata onto a platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley and capers.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Fantastic! I added Asiago cheese (instead of parm) as well as some halved cherry tomatoes on top. I also finished it under the broiler to crisp and brown. Thanks! So glad I came across this recipe!
Delicioso! I love egg dishes, potatoes and capers, so this was a great dinner for me tonight. Simple and tasty. Thanks Kitten for yet another great recipe. Made for ZWT5 2009.
I made this for a great breakfast this morning!! I followed as written except that I had some ham that needed to be used so I sprinkled some ham in with the vegetable mixture. Then I added a cheddar/monterey jack cheese blend and did as Paula did and cooked a little more under the broiler. Thanks for sharing Kittencal!! Made for ZWT5!!