Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A tasty Spanish appetizer that could work as a main dish as well. This recipe shows off the Moorish influence in Spanish cooking. Note that these prep and cook quickly, the recipe length is for marinating.
- 1 lb pork loin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout spice mix (a North African spice blend)
- salt and pepper
- Cut pork into 1 inch cubes. Trim off any excess fat.
- In a gallon ziploc combine pork cubes, olive oil, zest from the lemon, juice from the lemon, crushed garlic, chopped parsley, ras al hanout, and salt and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Light the grill, then assemble the meat on skewers. If using wooden skewers they should be soaked in water for 30 minutes so they do not scorch.
- Grill the skewered meat about 7 minutes on a side, then flip and cook about 7 minutes on the other side.
- Serve hot.