Recipe by Judikins
A great supper dish for a rainy evening. I found this on another site and groomed it to our liking, adding some ingredients to perk it up. Hope you all enjoy it too.
Top Review by Lainey in Wisconsin
These were the best pork chops we have ever eaten. My husband told me this deserves an A ! I really don't care for pork chops but these were excellent!! A Must try recipe!!!!!!
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup oil or 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Spanish olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, salt and black pepper; dust chops.
- Brown chops in skillet; transfer to baking dish.
- Add water and cover; place in oven.
- Meanwhile prepare sauce: melt butter, cook celery, onions and green pepper until wilted. So not brown.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove chops from oven. Pour sauce over chops.
- Return to oven and bake for 1 1/2 hour or until tender.
- Scrumptuous served with mashed potatoes and a nice green salad.