Prep 18 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A great supper dish for a rainy evening. I found this on another site and groomed it to our liking, adding some ingredients to perk it up. Hope you all enjoy it too.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup oil or 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Spanish olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, salt and black pepper; dust chops.
- Brown chops in skillet; transfer to baking dish.
- Add water and cover; place in oven.
- Meanwhile prepare sauce: melt butter, cook celery, onions and green pepper until wilted. So not brown.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove chops from oven. Pour sauce over chops.
- Return to oven and bake for 1 1/2 hour or until tender.
- Scrumptuous served with mashed potatoes and a nice green salad.
These were the best pork chops we have ever eaten. My husband told me this deserves an A ! I really don't care for pork chops but these were excellent!! A Must try recipe!!!!!!