A jug of wine, a loaf of bread and thou!
Make and share this Spanish Peasant Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in 2/3 C water.
- Combine with salt, sugar, 2C water and 5 C flour. Beat 5 minutes.
- Add enough remaining flour, beating with wooden spoon, until dough is soft. Knead vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Place in a large greased bowl and brush top with melted butter. Cover and allow to rise until double. Punch down.
- Form into 1 large or 2 small oblong rolls. Place on lightly greased baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Brush with egg yolk glaze and sprinkle with poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
- Put bread in cold oven and turn oven temperature to 400 dg. Bake for 45-50 minutes. The bread will rise with the temperature.