Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Given to me by an old friend. Wonderful texture and flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water, hot
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Cookies: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and beat well.
- Add all dry ingredients, blending after each addition.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle Icing: Melt butter. Mix in confection sugar, hot water, and fresh lemon juice. Beat until smooth and drizzle over cooled cookies. (Add additional hot water if mixture is too thick).
makes 3 dozen...i made o cornflakes and it was just as good
This is a wonderful recipe with an amazing flavour! I used margarine instead of the butter, and omitted the cornflakes (only because I didn't have any on hand). Instead of the lemon drizzle icing, I used a pastry bag to pipe melted chocolate in stripes across the cookie & a big rosette in the middle to stick a whole peanut on top. My husband cannot get enough of these cookies! I also won 3rd prize at the County Fair with this recipe in a contest sponsored by one of our local peanut growers!!
this is my new favorite cookie! didn't use the glaze because i ran out of time, but they were super without it.