Although not an authentic paella, it is an easy one-dish meal with shrimp, chicken and sausage and rice reminiscent of a "real" paella.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 ", strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked sausage (Polska Kielbasa)
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1Cook rice.
- 2While rice is cooking, heat oil in skillet and saute the onions and pepper until tender.
- 3Add chicken and continue to saute until chicken is about half cooked.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except the tomatoes and garlic.
- 5Stir and cover.
- 6Simmer until chicken and shrimp are fully cooked.
- 7This will only take a few minutes.
- 8Stir in the tomatoes and garlic.
- 9When the rice is fully cooked, mix together and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Paella
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.0
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.1 mg
- Sodium 1205.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 36.4 g