Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Although not an authentic paella, it is an easy one-dish meal with shrimp, chicken and sausage and rice reminiscent of a "real" paella.
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 ", strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked sausage (Polska Kielbasa)
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Cook rice.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in skillet and saute the onions and pepper until tender.
- Add chicken and continue to saute until chicken is about half cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients except the tomatoes and garlic.
- Stir and cover.
- Simmer until chicken and shrimp are fully cooked.
- This will only take a few minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and garlic.
- When the rice is fully cooked, mix together and serve.