Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is recipe from Uncle Ben's Rice. Low in fat and fairly easy. I didn't see quite this combination posted.
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces smoked low-fat sausage
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in skillet and saute onions and peppers until crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken and continue to saute until half cooked.
- Add all ingredients except tomatoes and garlic.
- Stir and cover.
- Steam until the chicken and shrimp are fully cooked.
- Stir in the tomatoes and garlic.
- When the rice is finished cooking, mix together and serve.