Recipe by BarbryT
Especially pretty if you use two or three colors of oranges, e.g., navel, blood orange, yellow. Prep time does not include chilling. I haven't made this yet...posting for ZWT3. I will update when I have made it.
Top Review by Charlotte J
June 02, 2007...First off, if you've never tried the Indonesia Cinnamon Sticks IT IS A MUST. I bought these at Penzeys and they are to die for. I did purchase a bottle of Rioja as BarbryT noted. Excellent flavor and I am adding this to my it's a keeper cookbook.
- 5 oranges
- 5 ounces red wine, maybe a nice rioja
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel 4 of the oranges, removing skin and all pith; cut into thin round slices. Remove seeds.
- Squeeze one of the oranges, reserving both juice and zest/thin peel.
- Place the peel and juice from the orange, the cloves, the cinnamon stick and the sugar in a pan and heat slowly for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After the flavorings have infused into the juice and reduced somewhat, remove the orange peel, cloves and cinnamon stick from the liquid and add the wine - continue heating for a few minutes.
- Place the orange slices in a serving dish and pour the liquid over the oranges - refrigerate before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream sprinked with a bit of cinnamon.