Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Spain/Portugal.
Make and share this Spanish Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, slice and chop the tomato, dice the potato, and cut up the pimientos.
- Chop the onion and fry it lightly in a little olive oil; add the peas, tomato, potato and pimientos, and continue cooking for a few minutes, stirring all the time with a spoon.
- Beat the eggs, season well, and pour into the pan.
- Cook the omelette shaking the pan occasionally. When one side is lightly and evenly browned, cover with a plate to turn the omelette, and cook the other side. Do not fold.
- Serve hot, with tomato sauce.
- Tip: This omelette is also delicious when served cold, and it is a favorite picnic dish in Spain. The omelette is left to get quite cold and is packed between 2 plates in the picnic basket. To serve, cut and place between slices of bread or rolls and butter, accompanied by salad.
Loved this tasty and hearty omelette! The peas I thought I had were nowhere to be found so I had to leave them out, but will definitely add next time. I used leftover Fondant Potatoes With Garlic (Fondant De Pommes De Terre) for my potatoes and the flavors were terrific. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
This a wonderful omelette, I was leary about using the potatoes in it, but they are a nice addition, now the peas - well I don't like peas. So the next time the peas can be in my husband's omelette. Only changes I made was I used olives with pimentos and I actually used egg beaters. Nice hint on how to flip the whole omelette without folding it. This is important as this is a hefty omelette. I liked the tomato sauce on top, I think it makes the omelette.