Recipe by CJAY
Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Spain/Portugal.
Top Review by loof
Loved this tasty and hearty omelette! The peas I thought I had were nowhere to be found so I had to leave them out, but will definitely add next time. I used leftover recipe #482969 for my potatoes and the flavors were terrific. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 cooked potatoes
- 2 pimientos, cut up
- 1 small onion
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cooked peas
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, slice and chop the tomato, dice the potato, and cut up the pimientos.
- Chop the onion and fry it lightly in a little olive oil; add the peas, tomato, potato and pimientos, and continue cooking for a few minutes, stirring all the time with a spoon.
- Beat the eggs, season well, and pour into the pan.
- Cook the omelette shaking the pan occasionally. When one side is lightly and evenly browned, cover with a plate to turn the omelette, and cook the other side. Do not fold.
- Serve hot, with tomato sauce.
- Tip: This omelette is also delicious when served cold, and it is a favorite picnic dish in Spain. The omelette is left to get quite cold and is packed between 2 plates in the picnic basket. To serve, cut and place between slices of bread or rolls and butter, accompanied by salad.