Recipe by Geema
Turkey chorizo was my inspiration for this omelette. I had one sausage left and decided to create something special for my husband's breakfast. You can add other veggies to this basic recipe using whatever scraps you have in your fridge.
Top Review by Stardustannie
What a great start to the day! DH and I really enjoyed this, I especially enjoyed the oozey cheese...I made as directed except skipped on the garlic (only because I forgot to put it in) Reviewed for ZWT3...and will be made over and over again, thanks Geema :)
- 1 chorizo sausage, diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, minced
- 3 eggs, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, bell peppers and onion, cooking until softened.
- Add garlic and chorizo, cooking and stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, stirring to combine.
- Pour in eggs and rotate pan to distribute evenly.
- Lift edges of omelette, tilting pan to allow liquid to run under the cooked eggs.
- Lower heat to medium-low and cook, without stirring eggs, until set.
- On one half of omelette, sprinkle cheese, then fold over enclosing cheese.
- You can garnish this omelette with chopped cilantro and sour cream if you like.
- Serves two people.