Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spicy sausage, potato and red peppers in a omelette makes a quick and tasty meal - because it uses canned vegetables. But if you prefer, you can, of course, use fresh vegetables. If you are serving this to children, you will probably want to use a milder sausage. Adapted from a recipe from the Simply Great Recipes Club website.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 spanish chorizo sausage, sliced (see Notes)
- 1 (750 g) can baby potatoes, drained and sliced
- 1 (125 g) can diced red peppers, drained
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan; sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes; add the sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently stir in the baby potatoes and diced red peppers.
- Combine the egg with the milk and pour over the potato mixture; and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until the omelette has almost set.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cheese and place under a preheated grill until browned and cooked through.
- Notes: Chorizo sausage is smoked with a spicy flavour and is available in supermarkets or delicatessens. If you want to, obviously you could make your omelette with fresh potatoes and capsicum rather than canned. You could also use a mix of red and green peppers.
This was great! I did use a fresh red pepper and half of the amount of potatoes. I really liked the shaved parmesan I got to use for the first time. Woo hoo, branching out continues!! = ) My family really liked this and my middle son was disappointed that his dad ate the leftovers I told him he could have for breakfast. I will do this again for a dinner when I need something good, simple, and quick. Thanks! Made for ZWT 5 for the Genies of Gourmet.
This is wonderful! Very flavorful and easy to make! Thanks for sharing!
This was a wonderful dinner. We did not used the red peppers (they do not like us) and used some leftover potatoes. I also used some mozzarella cheese instead of the Parmesan. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.