Recipe by Scarlett516
To keep warm, add to a 200°F oven. You may used canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh to avoid peeling.
Top Review by threeovens
The flavors were absolutely delicious! I followed the directions exactly for the potatoes which made them more flavorful than if they had been boiled. I cooked the onions and (poblano) peppers as directed and the onions just began to carmelize, yum! I just cooked the garlic and tomatoes a minute or two which was enough to soften. I had to double the filling, because the veggies cooked down so much, and would have like more potato. The omelet itself was a little awkward to make and I turned off the heat and covered to set the top without burning the underside. Thanks for posting, I will make this again with the noted changes. Made for ZWT#5.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped, peeled, seeded, and drained
- black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8"-10" skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook, turning them constantly until well coated with the oil. Reduce heat and turn the occasionally about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Ad and cook the onion and bell pepper about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic clove, tomato, salt, and black pepper. Continue to cook about 15 minutes. Add the potatoes to the onion mixture.
- Prepare the omelets by beating 2 large eggs with salt and black pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in the pan.
- Tilt the skillet to coat the pan. When the butter is hot, pour in 2 eggs. Agitate the pan forward and backward with your non-dominant hand. Use a fork to swirl the eggs in a circular motion.
- Fill the omelet with 2 tablespoons filling and fold in thirds. Top with 2 more tablespoons filling.
- Repeat for remaining three omelets.