Recipe by KittyKitty
My husband loves omelets. I always am looking for new ways to make them. This is one of our favorites.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game 2011...I did cut down a little on the water but otherwise followed the instructions. Company must of loved it because they gobbled the omelet right down. Used homemade salsa for the picante sauce.
- 3⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute tomato, green pepper, and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender, drain.
- Combine eggs, water, salt, and pepper, stir briskly with a fork until uniformly blended.
- Stir in vegetable mixture, 2 tablespoons picante sauce and bacon.
- Heat a 10 inch omelet pan or heavy skillet over medium heat until hot enought to sizzle a drop of water. Add 1 tablespoon butter, and rotate pan to coat. Pour half of egg mixture into pan. As mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Fold omelet in half with spatula, and place on warm platter. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Serve with additional picante sauce.