Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From All Around The World Cookbook by Sheila Lukins
- 1 1⁄2 cups spanish manzanilla olives, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine the olives, garlic, and capers.
- Process until just smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil and lemon juice and process until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the cilantro and pepper.
- Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour for flavors to blossom.
- Serve on large croutons that have been brushed with oil and toasted.
Great atop just about anything with a crunch!
We had seen this in sandwiches from a local deli, but didn't know what it was until now. This is terrific on a sandwich! It's a fairly strong, exciting flavor that matches up well with ham, crackers, and rustic kinds of bread. Thank you for adding a new condiment to our kitchen! Made for Zaar World Tour 5.
I love green olives and this tapenade really hit the spot. I served it as an appetizer with lightly toasted wheat French bread, and it was a hit with my hubby. This is a recipe that I will keep on hand for holiday get-to-gethers. It is easy to make, and I think it will go very well with any type of crackers or breads. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for ZWT5 Spain/Portugal region.