- 1 1⁄2 cups spanish manzanilla olives, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine the olives, garlic, and capers.
- Process until just smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil and lemon juice and process until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the cilantro and pepper.
- Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour for flavors to blossom.
- Serve on large croutons that have been brushed with oil and toasted.