1/2 Photos of Spanish Olive & Cream Cheese Canapes (Zwt-8)
Found at epicurious.com when I went looking for Spanish olive recipes. I love using Spanish olives & I hope you will as well. This recipe is simple, but the best part of it is the option to do nearly everything a dy ahead. Only the final step of broiling the canapes needs to be done just prior to serving if you choose the day-ahead option (Pls note my tip at then end of the prep steps). *Enjoy!*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices bread (firm white sandwich)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ounce parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup Spanish olives (green, pimiento-stuffed, rinsed, drained & finely chopped - 3 oz)
- 1/4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons medium-dry sherry
- 1Put oven rack in middle position & preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Cut 40 sml rounds from bread slices w/cutter, then brush 1 side of ea round w/butter & bake on a lrg baking sheet until pale golden (about 8 min). Remove from oven, but leave toasts on baking sheet. Preheat broiler.
- 3Finely grate Parmigiano-Reggiano using rasp (yield = approx 1 cup). You may use a pre-grated variety if able to find.
- 4Mash together cream cheese, olives, scallion, bell pepper, paprika & sherry until combined well. Then top each toast w/1 tsp cream cheese mixture & sprinkle w/grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- 5Broil canapés about 4 in from heat until Parmigiano-Reggiano begins to turn golden (about 1 min).
- 6COOK NOTES: Toasts can be made 1 dy ahead, cooled completely & then kept in an airtight container at room temperature. The cream cheese mixture can be made 1 dy ahead (chill & cover). Bring to room temp before using.
- 7MY TIP: My choice would be to brush the bread slices while still whole & then cut the rounds. This would mean far less time spent handling 40 sml pieces of bread.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Olive & Cream Cheese Canapes (Zwt-8)
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g