Recipe by Emmelyn Stieb
This is mixture of browned hot dog slices, pasta, and sweet tomato sauce. The recipe came from my great-grandmother and has been passed down in my family. It is definitely considered comfort food in my house.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced (optional)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 -12 ounces rotini noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat electric fry pan to about 225°F [Can also be browned in a large skillet or stock pot]
- Put onion and hot dogs into pan. Let brown.
- Add soup, water, sugar, vinegar, and noodles.
- Let simmer on medium heat with lid on for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.