1/1 Photo of Spanish Moroccan Fish
1 hr 10 mins
Happy Hippie's Note:
This recipe was submitted to the Allrecipes.com website by MaryJane. This is her introduction. "This Moroccan recipe was passed down for generations in my family. We usually serve it on the Sabbath night and holidays. It is a favorite! This dish may be served hot or cold according to taste."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 olives, chopped
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 5 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the oil, then cook and stir the onion and garlic, until slightly tender.
- 2Add the bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, olives, and garbanzo beans.
- 3Continue to cook until the peppers are slightly tender.
- 4Sprinkle the parsley, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and chicken bouillon over the vegetables.
- 5Season with salt to taste.
- 6Stir to incorporate.
- 7Place the fish on top of the vegetables and add enough water to cover the vegetables. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Moroccan Fish
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 189.4 mg
- Sodium 929.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 82.4 g