Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 squid, cleaned and sliced into pieces
- 6 clams in shell
- 12 pieces shrimp
- 1 lb monkfish, cut into pieces
- 24 snails
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can artichoke heart, rough chopped
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron
- 6 ounces green peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley (optional)
- In large skillet, simmer peppers, garlic, tomatoes, peas, artichoke, and squid.
- Add enough water to do the cooking.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining seafoods and rice.
- Pour in water or chicken stock.
- Add salt, pepper and saffron.
- Stir all ingredients well and simmer for 15 minutes.
- A sprinkle of parsley at the end will improve flavor.
- Let the hot casserole stand for about 10 minutes before serving.