Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Mom knew a Spanish nurse and this is the recipe she gave her. I liked it a lot. It has white wine and green olives in it.
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely minced
- 1 egg
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Trim crusts and soak bread in milk.
- Mix bread, crushed garlic, freshly grated nutmeg, finely minced parsley egg, and salt and pepper
- Add ground beef.
- Form meat into small walnut size meatballs.
- Roll meatballs in flour.
- Cut onion into rings.
- Heat olive oil in heavy pan.
- Cook meatballs until browned; remove from pan.
- Add more olive oil.
- Brown onions lightly .
- Add meatballs back to pan with the sliced stuffed green olives.
- Add wine and chicken stock.
- Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
We loved the combination of the salty and tangy olives with the meatballs. I made extra meatballs and froze them so we could have this again. Thanks for posting! Made for the Lively Lemon Lovelies, ZWT8.
WOW! This is a great idea. I never thought to use olives with meatballs together!
Done exacly as prescribed!
My children loved it as well!