Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in an old Baptist church cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 large pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix thoroughly beef, 1/3 cup of the sauce and the remaining ingredients.
- Spread in ungreased loaf pan, 9x5x3 inch.
- Spread remaining tomato sauce over loaf.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 1 1/4 hours.
I have a very old Betty Crocker cookbook that has this exact recipe in it. (Unfortunately, the BC website doesn't have it listed.) It's probably the only meatloaf I ever tried that I really like. The pimento stuffed green olives really add something to it. Thanks for posting it, as I really wanted to get the nutritional info for it.
I have been making the Spanish Style meatloaf for years. I use ground turkey.. It is a hit!
BTW this is called "Spanish Meat Loaf" in the Betty Crocker cook books, presumably because of the stuffed olives.