1/3 Photos of Spanish Layer Tortilla
This came of the back of an Instant Mash packet. As I usually don't buy instant mash I use normal mashhed potatoes instead. Makes a great dinner or lunch and it's a good way to use up left-overs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (you might want to add an egg and 2tbsp of flour to bind them if they are to runny)
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Fry the veg in a non stick frying pan in a little olive oil for approx 10 minutes or until done.
- 2After the first five minutes add the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3When done, remove from pan and set aside.
- 4Spread half of the mashed potato to cover the bottom of you frying pan, top with half the veg, add another layer of potato and top with the rest of the vegetables.
- 5Sprinkle with cilantro and pour the egg over and top with grated cheese.
- 6Fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes, without stirring or turning.
- 7Remove from hob and place under a pre-heated grill/broiler for five more minutes.
- 8Slice and serve with a side salad, steamed vegetables, fish or chicken.
- 9Serves 2 as a main or 4-6 as a side dish.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Layer Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 1128.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 15.0 g