Recipe by irishmom1979
I developed this recipe because over the past year I have developed a love affair with chorizo and goat cheese. I think they work so well together and have used one or both of them in everything from salads to egg dishes. This is the recipe I am most proud of!
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups cooked white rice (not instant)
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, browned
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut peppers in half and scoop out the insides. Place in a 13x9 baking pan. Brown chorizo and onions together. Then add the corn, rice, tomato sauce, cumin, paprika and pepper flakes. Stuff peppers.
- Bake them for 45 minutes in oven.
- While the peppers are baking, make the goat cheese cream sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add flour and cook until a paste is formed. Add milk, lower heat to low. Cook until it begins to thicken. Add goat cheese and continue cooking until thickens.
- Place the peppers on a plate and spoon the cheese sauce on top and enjoy!