Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good dessert.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 slices white country bread, torn into 1-inch squares with the crust
- 1⁄2 cup honey, plus
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs, then add the bread pieces and turn to coat them evenly.
- Leave the bread to soak for 15 to 20 minutes, turning over once or twice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium heat.
- Fry soaked bread in buter until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer bread to baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the honey and hot water and stir until the mixture is evenly blended.
- Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla and drizzle sauce over and around the bread.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.