Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Also known as Manwich, Sloppy Joe's, and BBQ, this is a party favorite.
Make and share this Spanish Hamburger ( Sloppy Joes ) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 cup onion, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown hamburger with onion and celery. Flavor with salt and pepper to taste. You may want to use 1/8 tsp cayenne or white pepper to add some heat. A few drops of tobasco sauce could also be used, or some red pepper flakes.
- Drain hamburger; in same skillet, add tomato soup, garlic salt, and water. Stir to combine, and simmer for 20 minutes to half an hour or until you're ready to serve.
- This can also be made ahead of time and reheated, or placed in a slow cooker to be kept warm.
- Serve in warmed hamburger buns.