- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni and drain.
- Brown meat and peppers and onion, drain and add salt and pepper.
- Make white sauce then stir in 4 T. of cheese and tomatoes.
- Layer in dish, macaroni, meat, sauce, then repeat.
- Top with remaining
- cheese and bake at 400 for 40 minutes.