Recipe by Olha
This colorful dish is lovely for entertaining. You can present the fish on a large warm platter and let people take what they like. Serve with rice pilaf, tossed salad, and a pitcher of Sangria.
Top Review by chakrates
Excellent flavor -- I didn't add the flour. It was a little watery as a result, but I think it would have been even without the water. Easy & quick, too. I will *definitely* make this again.
- 1 (3 lb) halibut fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 -4 tablespoon capers
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 10 black olives, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and dust lightly with flour. Place in a shallow 8 inch x 12 inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onions until soft. Place over fish.
- In a mixing bowl combine wine, garlic, oregano, mustard seeds, saffron, parsley, coriander, lemon juice, capers, tomatoes, and olives. Mix well and pour over fish.
- Pour 1/4 cup water around fish and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. Transfer to a large warm platter and serve. Serves 6.
- The Jewel Lake Seafood Market Cookbook.