Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Modified from Avocado.org. If you want the guacamole vegan, omit the mayonnaise or use a non-dairy alternative. I use a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream.
- 4 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup minced green olives (reduced from 1 cup and I used pimiento-stuffed green olives)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped (or any chili of your choice including green bell pepper if you want the guacamole mild)
- 1⁄4 cup medium-dry sherry (can substitute sherry vinegar or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (I added fresh parsley and fresh cilantro)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon spanish smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or more)
- lemon wedge
- parsley (FRESH!) or cilantro (FRESH!)
- smoked paprika
- Mash the avocados. Fold in remaining guacamole ingredients.
- Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible.
- Garnish with the lemon, parsley and/or cilantro and smoked paprika just before serving.
- Store in an airtight container. Tip: I place a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole to stop the avocados from turning brown.
- Yield is estimated.
This is different than most guacamoles with the addition of olives and mayo, but it was a nice change. Made as written topping it with additional smoked paprika. Made for ZWT8.