1/9 Photos of Spanish Green Bean Salad
Leggy Peggy's Note:
I have been making this recipe for more than 25 years. It is easy-to-make and very colourful. Serve it cold, warm or at room temperature -- I prefer at room temp. It's a great make-ahead recipe because it keeps well for several days in the fridge. Adapted from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs green beans, trim ends and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, roasted, skinned and diced (in the USA, you can buy this in a jar as pimiento)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or more)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (white vinegar is also okay)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- shredded lettuce, to serve
- 1Cook beans in the microwave for 6-7 minutes until crisp-tender. Or you can cook in a pan with a small amount of boiling water.
- 2Put the next 9 ingredients (dressing) in a jar with a lid. Cover and shake well.
- 3Pour dressing over beans, stir well and refrigerate (I usually put this all in a container with a tight-fitting lid and shake the dickens out of it).
- 4Serve over shredded lettuce -- at whatever temperature you prefer. It takes at least an hour for this to come to room temperature after being in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g