Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Excellent paprika shrimp!! Nice over brown rice. It is from Woman's Day magazine.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (any colour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons water, mixed with
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled large shrimp (frozen defrosted works)
- Heat oil in large nonstick fry pan.
- Add onion and bell pepper, sauté 4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except shrimp, bring to simmer and cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and, stirring often, cook 2 minutes or until cooked through.
Yum! Can you believe I forgot the garlic, though?! My husband said it needed a little something spicy, and I was reviewing the recipe when I realized it. It was still YUMMY, but the sauce was thin - I will probably use less chicken broth next time (or cornstarch, or something). Anyway, THANKS!
this is a good recipe, the sauce was delicious! i think it lacked a tiny little something though, i was going to add coriander which i think would have gave it a lot of additional flavour but unfortunately my mum bought flat parsley by mistake... will try it again with coriander next time :)
This is a easy and simple recipe that tastes great. I substituted Soave white wine for the sherry, but that was the only change I made and I served it with brown rice and a Greek salad. I thought the dish was wonderfully garlicky, however my son didn't care for it, hence the 4 stars. I have more in the fridge and will enjoy it tomorrow for dinner. I will make this recipe again when he isn't home. Thanks for the easy recipe Derf.